Tuesday 26 January 2016

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

To ensure I was able to complete the thriller title sequence successfully, I completed a preliminary task in order to learn all of the basic rules of planning, recording and editing a media production. I also learnt rules such the match on action and shot reverse shots continuity. I constantly put these rules I learnt into consideration throughout the filming and editing of my production. 

I have progressed from the prelim in several ways: 
On the left is a screen shot of our preliminary task, we used a close up of the character we named 'The Killer', we found this had a effective end result, demonstrating tension and confusion, fitting well with the genre. We decided to use this idea in our title sequence. However, we used an extreme close (in the picture below) as we were trying to keep the antagonists characters identity unknown. We progressed since our prelim task as we expanded on our original idea and made it more effective. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment